The CLIF project's flyer
Examples and Quick Tour tutorial
- A Quick Tour with the tutorial given at 2010 OW2 Annual Conference:
- Sample CLIF test plans and associated ISAC scenarios are available in this zip file: clif-examples.zip
You may just unzip this file to get the test plan and scenario files, or, when using the Eclipse-based console,
you may import the zip file as an Eclipse project archive file
(File>Import...>General>Existing Projects into Workspace>Select archive file).
In the latter case, you directly get a CLIF test project including all the test plans and scenarios.
Advanced users and developers documentation
A Fractal component-based architecture
To provide a flexible architecture, CLIF makes use of the Fractal component model. For example, load injectors and probes are components that can be defined, plugged in and (un-/re-)deployed at runtime. Thanks to the Fractal model, customizing CLIF does not require to know details about the whole framework, but only about a well-defined, reduced number of client and server interfaces.
Related papers, presentations and reports
Talk on using CLIF on a PaaS cloud via the Jenkins continuous integration server given at the ComPAS 2013 Conference
PhD on self-optimization (in French) with CLIF+SelfBench
Presentation at OW2 Annual Conference 2012 about the use of the ProActive-based version of CLIF to deploy load injectors on a community cloud (i.e. non-dedicated resources brought by the members of a community)
- technical talk about an SOA use case of CLIF at OW2's annual conference, 24th November 2011 in Paris
- using CLIF with an external load injection controller: A. Harbaoui, N. Salmi, B. Dillenseger, and J.-M. Vincent, "Introducing Queuing Network-Based Performance Awareness in Autonomic Systems", Best paper Award, The Sixth International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems (ICAS), March 7-13, 2010 - Cancun, Mexico
- about CLIF architecture: B. Dillenseger, "CLIF, a framework based on Fractal for flexible, distributed load testing", Annals of Telecommunications, Vol. 64, No 1-2, January-February 2009 (available from SpringerLink, or ask the CLIF mailing list)
- presentation at ObjectWebCon 2006 [ODP][PDF]
- CLIF's kick-off paper at OOPSLA 2003 Workshop on "Middleware Benchmarking: Approaches, Results, Experiences" [PDF], and presentation [PDF]